The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization under IRS guidelines legally and morally charged with soliciting, receiving, investing and dispersing all gifts to benefit KCPS students. Donors may choose to share gifts through:
- General Giving. Individuals or groups can share one-time gifts of at least $10 by visiting www.kcpsfoundation.org, or by contacting the Foundation directly. We accept checks, money orders and most electronic forms of payments.
- Fellowships. With a gift of $1,000 or more, donors may request the designation of KCPS Fellow, an individual who allocates meaningful financial resources to further the shared cause of enhancing student learning in KCPS. A fellowship can be assigned to the donor or to honor loved ones.
- Endowments. Donors who wish to provide significant, ongoing financial support to the Foundation may do so through an endowment, in which the actual gift is kept intact and only investment income is available for use. Minimum donation is $20,000.
How Donors Win
KCPS supporters who give through the Foundation can trust that:
- The process will be streamlined.
- Contributions can have a broader impact as programs are aligned with district priorities.
- Contribution can help a teacher realize a forward-thinking passion project that would otherwise go unfunded.
- Programs have been vetted via a rigorous evaluation process.
- All gifts are tax deductible and stay within the district.
Contact Us for additional information.